Wednesday 16 September 2009

Good band alert

Yesterday night, I went to the Buffalo Bar for Blakfish's London gig. Although I think they're great, especially live, I was more curious to see one of the support bands: BATS (yeah, in CAPITALS. Whenever I read it, I imagine it being shouted out by a lot of drunk dudes. Definite plus.) They're five guys from Dublin and play a kind of technical dance-punk (potential genre fail, but maybe think Foals' high-pitched riffs plus added testicles and Frank Black having a drawn-out mental breakdown over it all). Crap descriptions aside, they were very good and seemed like great guys, too. Hairy, sweaty, a few visible waistlines - I'd fit right in. Their album is up for streaming here and I defy you not to get at least a bit hooked in after listening to the first two songs. Even if you don't, listen to "The Cruel Sea" and then we'll talk. Some guy on Punktastic posted a link to their lyrics (which mostly are about things I don't understand, like physics, but are still great), but I can't seem to find it now. But yeah, listen listen.

 
http://www.myspace.com/leatherbeatsfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment